What you will need to bring to class:
- Bring proof of rabies vaccinations for dogs 16 weeks and older.
- Puppies under 16 weeks must have had their first set of puppy shots for at least 1 week before and must receive a well-puppy (first visit) exam by a local vet and be deemed healthy before attending a class.
- DO NOT bring your dog the night night of class (Basic Manners only). This does not apply to Puppy Kindergarten. Puppies in Puppy K and Puppy Too DO come the first night of class.
- A 6ft. nylon or leather leash. No retractable leashes, please. Harnesses are also acceptable for class.
Flat or buckle collar (choke, pinch, or prong collars are not permitted in class).
- A baggie full of tasty, soft treats. Cooked, cut up hot dogs, soft jerky-style treats, cheese cubes or leftover chicken make great rewards! (Hard biscuit-like treats are not favorable for class because they take too long to chew up )
Wear comfortable clothing including sneakers as we will sometimes be working outside and/or on the ground. Please dress according to the weather.
- Children over 6 years old are welcome in class as long as they remain supervised and do not distract the class flow.
- Children 12 yrs and older will be allowed to handle their dog in class as long as a parent or guardian attends class with them.
- You will most likely have better results if you do not feed your dog before each class.
- Giving your dog exercise and bathroom time before bringing them to each class is also helpful.
- Please try and potty your dog before entering the building for class. Please note that all the farm fencing is electric and should be avoided.